Thursday 14 July 2016

Bourjois City Radiance Foundation - The Anti-Pollution Foundation

The buzz in the beauty industry at the moment is all about protection. Protection from the sun and from pollutants caused by 'city living'. Anti-pollution products are popping up everywhere. Most brands across the beauty hall have been developing products to combat those free-radicals and external aggressors that cause skin dullness, dryness and even accelerated aging. As with all trends in the industry, once the premium brands have explored and developed the necessary technology, the budget brands follow suit and start to produce more affordable options.

Bourjois City Radiance Foundation boasts an SPF30 and promises to deliver a fresh and luminous complexion with a light to medium coverage. All of this as well as 24 hour moisture and an anti-pollution screen (which I'm guessing the Bourjois version of the Clarins Anti-Pollution Complex?). So, with me loving a good budget foundation and getting on with pretty much every Bourjois one that I have tried in the past, I decided to pick up shade 1 - Ivoire Rose and give it a whirl. 



The product certainly feels moisturising, it has quite a thick and creamy texture which leaves the skin feeling very comfortable. I like to apply with either my fingers or a damp beauty blender. Fingers give a lighter coverage and the beauty blender makes it easy to build the coverage where you may need it. It provides a very even base and does help to disguise discolouration on the skin (for me around the nose and chin). 

If you don't like a dewy finish then this is not the product for you. It is a very dewy look that you get with this which helps to make skin look very radiant and full of moisture. While I do not live in a city environment I can imagine that maintaining radiance would be a challenge when spending prolonged periods of time in highly polluted areas. After spending a week in London my skin feels dry and lackluster, even with my arsenal of skincare products. I really think that this foundation would be a great way to fake luminous skin if you live in a highly polluted environment. With that in mind, the foundation doesn't feel at all tacky or sticky once it is on the skin. I do recommend using a light weight powder to set the foundation but even without the foundation does somewhat set itself, leaving it very smooth. 

If you are like me and don't live in a city environment but do like a fresh, dewy complexion then I would definitely pick this up and give it a try. Even if the anti-pollution screen doesn't do much for you, you still have the benefits of a beautifully luminous and moisturising foundation with an SPF30. And it's £9.99. I'd say it's worth a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...