Sunday 17 May 2015

Fitbit Activity Tracker

You may remember back in January I posted about getting myself fit and healthy. I did say that there would be no crash diets but small changes to make sure that I am getting myself healthier. I have found it fairly difficult to monitor, I mentioned in that post that although I felt unfit I have always been slim, so I was not on a quest to lose any weight at all. My way of monitoring is not only in the way that I feel (groggy, sluggish or more energetic) but every single morning when I arrive in work I have been taking the 6 flights of stairs rather than the lift. Every morning, no exceptions. Don't get me wrong, I still feel the burn on that last set of stairs, but I do find that I am managing it with more ease as each day goes by.  

Fitness and activity trackers seem to be popping up everywhere at the moment, wearable tech is definitely becoming the 'must-have'. After a lot of research and lots of deliberation I decided to take the plunge and get myself a Fitbit activity tracker. Although an Apple Watch would definitely been more preferable, the price tag is not! 

I opted for the Fitbit One which tracks steps, flights of stairs climbed, sleep as well as your calories in and out based on your diet. Although my favourite part is probably the silent alarm which vibrates on your wrist to wake you gently in the morning - no more shrill noises that put you in a bad mood first thing! 

I have had my Fitbit for about three months now and wear it at all times except for in the shower. Other than that it is counting my steps and tracking the distance that I walk all day every day. I love having the breakdown of my activity, I keep an eye day to day on the iPhone app that goes along with the tracker but if you are looking for something more in-depth then you can log onto the website and get loads more information with everything made into graphs and you can even compare (and compete) with your friends!

Do you have an activity tracker? Would you get one?

3 comments:

  1. I do plan to get a Fitbit soon, but I can't imagine sleeping with it on my wrist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fitbit too and love it! Been using it for months and it is so effective to get me up and about more, sometimes I'd lounge about all day but now I always go out for a walk to make sure I get my steps in! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you’re a hardcore athlete looking to track detailed running stats, you may need something more serious like the Garmin Forerunner 920XT. Fitbit Activity Tracker Deals

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...