Tuesday 3 March 2015

The 10 Item Wardrobe

I can almost hear the shrieks of horror as you all read this title. I certainly winced when I first came across the concept. However upon reading further into it, I have become very intrigued. I was first introduced to the 10 Item Wardrobe in Jennifer L Scott's Lessons From Madame Chic. This is a fantastic book which I will go into in a little more detail about in another post coming soon (you can also check out her blog The Daily Connoisseur here too!). However if you don't want to read the book just yet then you can listen to Jennifer's experience and ideas in this TEDx Talks to get the gist of the concept.   


As explained in this video the 10 items does not refer to everything that you can wear, it refers to the capsule wardrobe. The key pieces. You can have a few tee shirts, a couple of cardigans and your coats as well as your capsule items. Occasion wear is also exempt from the rule. It is also important to note that there is no strict rule of 10, just as long as you do not have excessive items (as I do at this present moment) then you will be on to a winner. The idea is for the items which you do have to be able to mix and match together to give a variety of outfit options without having too many items. If you have read my blog for sometime then you may recall that we live in a little flat with next to no storage space so the idea of severely cutting my clothes but leaving plenty of outfit options sounds perfect.  

As you might have guessed, I am planning to embark upon my own 10 Item Wardrobe journey, This journey will be starting TODAY with me having a serious clear out. Ruthlessness is required. I am feeling slightly nervous at the prospect but I want to worry less about what to wear. Less options means less stress, I won't be overloaded with options and I want to be able to mix and match a little more and I want to have space.  I feel a mass de-clutter coming on, not only of my clothes but the rest of my, well, stuff. 

With regards to my 10 Item Wardrobe, don't worry. I will take photographs of the process and will be providing frequent updates as to how it is working. Wish me luck!

Would you ever take the plunge with the 10 Item Wardrobe?

1 comment:

  1. I really should do this at some point - especially as I have two wardrobes - my one for in the week, then my one at my parents house (I only have a mon-fri let) for weekends! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...