Wednesday 18 March 2015

Dior Star Foundation and Concealer

I recently was sampled with Dior Star foundation - I tried on it the following morning and went about my day, at the end of my shift I took a look in the mirror and was seriously impressed. I didn't get home before purchasing the foundation. A week later, the Dior Star concealer was also added to my collection. 


You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out that I obviously love this foundation. It is so lightweight on the skin. I mean it genuinely does not feel as though you have foundation on at all. But it still gives you amazing, buildable coverage. It does give the skin a gorgeous glow while doing this doesn't look at all glittery or shiny, just glow-y and radiant. It makes my skin look, and feel, like velvet. It is really quite incredible. Don't get me wrong, I still have other foundations which I wear day to day that give a different effect and finish (Clarins Everlasting, for example) but for when you need a completely flawless complexion this is the run away winner. 

I had high hopes for the concealer after using the foundation and while this is a decent concealer, it didn't blow me away. I have others which work better at brightening the under eye area. I have found that this is a better concealer for blemishes and redness. The main problem that I have with this concealer, however? The smell. It smells like Tip-Ex and it is really unpleasant when you are applying it to your face. 

It really does seem to be two totally different stories. I feel that Dior could have done more with the concealer when they have a total run-away winner of a foundation in the same range. I guess you can't win them all!

Have you tried either of these products? What do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...