Tuesday 20 May 2014

Laura Geller Balance'n'Brighten

I love QVC. There, I said it. It was only recently that I started to watch the channel when I was flicking through the channel listings and noticed that there was a bareMinerals show on. Out of sheer curiosity I stuck it on to see what it was all about. Ever since, I've been addicted (particularly to QVC Beauty). I don't order often, I just love watching them demo beauty products. For the beauty addict that I am, I sit with this on in the background, whilst writing my (more often than not) beauty related blog posts and catching up on my favourite beauty blogs. I did say that I'm a beauty addict.

So, if you are familiar with QVC then you will know that every month they do a 'Beauty Pick of the Month' which is normally a very popular, high demand product either with an extra product or two or in a bonus size and has free p&p. The pick for May is Laura Geller Balance'n'Brighten, a brand (and product) which I could not wait to hit in Ulta when I get to the states in a few weeks. So, I bit the bullet and placed an order (I ordered Porcelain, but the shades are pretty versatile and adapt to your skin so I could probably use Fair as well),.



To begin with, I was a little underwhelmed with this product. I found that it didn't give me the level of coverage that I wanted. After feeling slightly deflated, I had a brainwave - use my trusty EcoTools Bamboo Domed Bronzer Brush rather than the retractable brush that came with the kit. Bingo. The density of that brush helped to lay more of the creamy product on my skin and helps to even out my skintone and almost made me jump for joy (I didn't seeing it was 7.15 and G was still sleeping!). The brush in the kit is not a complete waste though, I keep it in my makeup bag for touch-ups through the day.

I like to use this on top of a primer for days where my skin is looking pretty good, as for the days where my skin is not in it's best shape I layer it on top of a liquid foundation and it gives a fantastic finish. This never looks cakey and gives you a serious 'your skin, but better' look. Top marks from me!

P.S. Another delivery from Laura Geller via QVC arrived this morning, so look out for that soon. I don't order that often, I swear! There is also a distinct possibility that I will order another of these before the month is out since it is such a good deal for a brilliant product.

Have you tried any Laura Geller products before? What should I get when I hit the states?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...