Tuesday 8 April 2014

S.O.S. Products




We all have a bank of products which are our 'save me' products. Those ones where when everything goes wrong in your day, you know will make you look and feel a million times better. This is my team of S.O.S. products - no matter how little sleep, how tired or disheveled I look, these guys make me look and feel presentable. 

Let me start with Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I use this in the morning before putting on my moisuriser and make up and at night after a deep cleanse to get any remaining makeup or daily grime which has landed on my face and neck. It helps make me feel more awake first thing in the morning and soothes my skin after a long and stressful day. I had been using the L'Oreal Micellar water for a while and picked this up based on the fact it was on offer in Boots, however I do feel that this removes more grime and feels more gentle on my skin so I will choose Garnier in the future.

I am never, ever without this next product. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Skin Protectant is my holy grail product. I have memories of pulling faces whenever my mum pulled it out to use on sore and chapped skin when I was a child, I hated the smell and the tacky texture. These things don't bother me anymore, in fact I quite like the smell now. I use it on sore and broken skin, as a lip gloss, brow gel, highligher as an intensive moisturising treatment. The list is endless, which is why I have a tube on my dresser and another is always in my handbag. I never want to be without it.

As far as mascara is concerned on days where I need an S.O.S. I'm probably not going to be sporting a full eye makeup look so something slight and delicate yet still widens my eyes is what I want. Seventeen's Doll'd Up Mascara in Black does the job lovely. It gives me enough definition to make me look more awake yet not enough that makes me look daft without a full makeup look. It strikes a good balance which is why I always reach for this. 

A gentle pop of colour is welcome to my face when I need some extra help. Benefit Posietint is the perfect shade of pink which gives me enough of a flush to my cheeks and enough colour on my lips to make me look more on the land of the living. This on my lips with some Eight Hour Cream over the top to add gloss makes me look more 'done' and polished.

When I am tired, my skin looks it. It can get very dry and can require a good moisturiser to replenish moisture and keep my skin looking healthy. Superdrug's Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream is an amazing budget ultra-hydrating cream. This entire range is fabulous if I am totally honest with you and I use quite a lot of the products available from Superdrug but this is my go-to cream when I need a little extra pampering. 

I have blogged about Seventeen's Phwoarr Paint Concealer before. It is without a doubt the best under-eye concealer that I have ever used. It can hide nights with little sleep, stress and when you are just feeling under the weather. I cannot recommend it enough, for the price it is I am never without this in my kit. 

Avon Advance Techniques 360 Moroccan Argan Oil Treatment is great when used on damp hair before blow-drying to give a shine boost to your locks. My hair can look flat and lack-luster if I am under the weather and this helps to make my hair look and feel that little bit better. It is also good used (sparingly) on dry hair to tame fly-aways and to give some extra shine. 


What are your S.O.S. products?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...