Thursday 17 April 2014

Skincare Series Part 2 - Nighttime



You Can Read Part 1 of My Skincare Series Here

As much as I love applying my makeup, I think that I enjoy taking it all off again at the end of the day more. I find it oddly relaxing and therapeutic. Tell me I'm not alone here? 

I start my soaking a cotton wool pad in Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover. This guy removes everything, even the Tattoo Me Liquid Eyeliner I spoke about here. You don't need to tug and pull at the delicate skin around your eyes to get your makeup off either, just place a cotton wool pad with plenty of product on it and I like to leave it there for maybe about 30 seconds. Doing this loosens the makeup and makes sweeping it away much easier and it acts as a cooling compress on your eyes which I always welcome at the end of the day. 

After this I turn to the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser, I take my time massaging this into my face and neck and then I like to leave it on for a couple of minutes before buffing it off with the muslin face cloth which comes with the cleanser. It takes off all of my remaining makeup and it smells delicious. Once I have finished with this I sweep over a bit of Garnier Micellar Water just incase there is anything left to come off (more often than not there is nothing, but I like to be sure!). 

At night I like to use the Gatineau Aquamemory products that I mentioned in my daytime skincare post yesterday. The Moisture Concentrate works wonders over night for making my skin feel hydrated when I wake up first thing in the morning. I use the Eye Roll-on at the end of the day for the soothing aspect, it is brilliant for sore, tired eyes. 

Now that I am all Aquamemoried up, I turn to my beloved Superdrug Vitamin E range to use the night cream from this family. It is very hydrating and feels (and smells) very comforting at the end of a long day.

After climbing into bed I slather on whichever hand cream is sitting on my bedside table and then that's me set for the night. What are your favourite nighttime products? Make sure to come back tomorrow for the third and final part of my skincare series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...