Wednesday 16 April 2014

Skincare Series Part 1 - Daytime



Looking flawless starts with good skin, we all know that. Over the next three days I'll share with you my skincare routine and today is my daytime skincare routine. 

I'm lazy in the morning and just use a quick swipe of cotton wool soaked in Garnier Micellar Water over my face. It freshens me up and removes any grime which may have found itself on my face since the night before. I like to take as little time as possible in the mornings and for all a bit of face wash in the shower doesn't take long, I prefer to use this before my serum and moisturiser since it saves about 20 seconds (I did say, I'm lazy first thing in the morning!).  

As far as serums go, depending on my skins needs I'll either use the Superdrug Naturally Radiant 2 in 1 Moisturiser and Serum or the Gatineau Moisture Replenish Concentrate (check out the £3.49 dupe for this here). If my skin is particularly dehydrated I'll opt for Gatineau as it is amazing for re hydrating skin and it feels divine on application, it really leaves your skin feeling so soft and supple. If my skin is looking good in terms of hydration I'll use the Superdrug Naturally Radiant 2 in 1 Moisturiser and Serum which gives my skin a nice boost and does give a bit of radiance. 

Whether I use Gatineau or Superdrug  for my serum I always use the Superdrug Vitamin E Radiance Cream over the top (I've spoken about this before here). It is very light on the skin and is very hydrating, not to mention it has an SPF 15, which for this time of year is fine. I always, always, always go out with some form of SPF on. I don't think it is worth the risk and I'd rather be pale and interesting than burnt to a cinder (which with my skin would happen!). As we come into the summer months I always use an SPF 50 on the top.

I use the Gatineau Aquamemory Eye Roll-on which is very cooling and soothes puffy eyes first thing in the morning. It is good for hydrating the skin around the eye but the main reason I like it is because it tones down the puffiness and is instantly cooling. Lastly I pop on some Elizabeth Arden Advanced Lip-Fix over and around my lips to keep them soft and it also works well to prime the lips before applying lipstick.

After all of that I go about my morning, grabbing something to eat, catching up on the news and whats going on in the world of Facebook and Twitter for 20 minutes to let my concoction sink into my skin and then I go and apply my makeup.

I hope to see you tomorrow for part 2 of the series!
Are there any of your favourites in my daytime routine? If not what are your 'go-to' products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...