Sunday 12 January 2014

Vintage Hairstyle Love

As you may well know I have a love for vintage style and this love encapsulates everything from kitchens (did you see that kitchen on Antiques Roadshow tonight?!) to hairstyles. Where I may not be able to fulfill my love for retro kitchens as we rent our home and of course they can be very costly, hairstyles and circle skirts will do me for now.

I have been sporting a Joan Harris-esque up-do for my day to day and work wear; an early 1960s style up-do with lots of volume up top. It is very easy to achieve and holds brilliantly all day when you are running about; I'll do a tutorial post on how I achieve this look a little later in the week, it really is very easy.

On lazier days I lean more toward Brigitte Bardot for my inspiration, I have always loved her slightly disheveled looking hairstyles, they are so easy to create and the best part is it does not matter - in fact is actually helps - if bits fly away or start to fall out, it makes the whole style look more tactile in my eyes. I do normally prefer the more polished styles of the 40s, 50s and early 60s but there is something about this look which I have a soft spot for on my lazy days and especially when I have a curl set which is staring to fall out.


I'll finish up this cold Sunday night with some lovely pictures of beautiful vintage hairstyles which I am currently lusting over. Let me know what you think! I always love to hear from you!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...