Wednesday 11 September 2013

Vintage Style Home.

My love for vintage is not exclusive to fashion, in fact it encompasses a large part my life. From fashion, beauty, cooking, music, film and literature but also in interior design. 

We currently rent our flat and so I don't want to go all out on styling the place as vintage-ly as much as I would really like to for two reasons;
1. I don't want to get pieces which fit perfectly into the flat as when we come to move they might be less practical. 
2. If I get it exactly as I want, I won't want to move out and it will hinder the 'saving to buy' plans!

So, until such a time as we own a place and I give myself permission to go as vintage-styled-crazy as I wish (I'm lucky that as long as G has a computer, a couch and a television he is happy with how I decorate) I resort to pinning all of my inspiration so that I have a good mood board for when the time comes. (you can peruse my full home style board here)

The only thing with vintage styled homes is that I sometimes feel that to over-done it can look like a museum or a film set - I don't know about you but I don't want to live in either. So I like seeing a happy balance between vintage and more modern home style. I have tried to pick out some of my favourite images to show you what I really love. I have linked all of the sources of the images in the image captions.

Image Source

Image Source
I have already started a vintage Pyrex collection (I am too rock and roll, I know, I know.) but I definitely want to have them on show in a pretty cabinet! 

Image Source
Image Source

Image Source
Image Source

My pins have told me that as far as kitchens go, I like big sinks and shades of pastel blue, turquoise and mint. They are awfully pretty though, aren't they?

Image Source


Image Source

Image Source
Image Source

Image Source
I will most definitely be on the look out for mid-century modern style side boards for around the house, they are so gorgeous. (Hey, I could double up and use one for Pyrex!)


Image Source

Image Source

Bright and comfortable living spaces which look pretty, yet still lived in. I'm not exactly a minimalist, and living in a show home does not appeal to me.

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

As with living spaces, I love bright and airy bedrooms which again, still feel lived in and cosy. As well as a good floral pattern.

I hope that you like the images that I have picked out! Do you agree with me in the sense that too over-done vintage styling can be a little too much like the set of Mad Men? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...