Friday 30 August 2013

Vintage Underwear Ventures.

Let's get to know each other a bit better shall we?
Vintage underwear can be very daunting - and I know that a lot of people aren't interested as they feel it is a bit , shall we say, disgusting. I will be totally honest with you, the very thought made me wince for quite a while and then I realised that I was wearing any other item so why not a bra? Or a girdle?

You might be thinking to yourself, 'why not just buy vintage style underwear?' which is a fair point and I take that completely - but why not use something which is still in perfectly good working order and would otherwise end up in a landfill?

So after much deliberation and perusing online, I purchased myself two long-line bullet bras and a girdle from eBay. 




Up first is a piece of late 1940's early 1950's dead stock - meaning it was never sold for personal use, it has just been passed around still un-purchased and unloved. I love this item - it is ridiculously comfortable and gives me the shape that I want and love. Definitely a hit.






Second is a beautiful long line bra, it is such a gorgeous material, very thick and is still in great condition. The condition is fabulous aside from the poor alteration on the straps which I have tried to show it the pictures, I am going to adjust this so that it hopefully looks a bit better! Aside from this it is also a lovely garment, I really love the shape it gives and it great quality.



Last up is this 1960's St. Michaels (Marks and Sparks nowadays - we all know how fab their underwear is anyway!) black girdle.  This is amazing under dresses and skirts for holding up stockings. it is very smoothing and is basically prettier, old-school Spanx. 


What do you think? Convinced? Or are you already converted? Let me know!

If you still aren't convinced, then come back tomorrow when I will be sharing my top picks of vintage style underwear! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...